Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe from The Sneaky Kitchen
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- 3 cups low-fat or skim milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup lite cream cheese, fat free, or Neufchatel
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add between ½ to 1 cup of the milk, stirring to dissolve the corn starch.
- Place the remaining milk in a teflon saucepan over medium fire.
- Heat just to the boiling point, stirring frequently.
- Stir the sugar/corn starch mixture again to re-mix.
- Pour into the hot milk and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat for a moment.
- Beat the egg yolks with a fork in the same small container in which the sugar and starch were mixed.
- Pour a tablespoon of hot pudding into the yolks, beating with a fork or whisk.
- Continue to add and beat until you have added about ¼ cup of the hot mixture.
- Return pudding to the fire and add the egg yolk mixture, stirring vigorously.
- Continue to stir until mixture boils for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the cream cheese in the small bowl.
- Add a little hot pudding and mix well.
- Continue to add hot pudding, stirring until the cream cheese is liquefied.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pudding.
- Add the fat-free sour cream and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- DO NOT use a mixer, food processor or blender! Chill well and enjoy!