- Mix 1¼ cups of the flour, the Sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl.
- Add water, shortening and egg; beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
- Scrape batter from side of bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes.
- Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes.
- Spoon into 12 greased medium muffin cups. Let rise until batter rounds over tops of cups, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- ↑ If using self-rising flour, omit salt. Also, unbleached flour can be used in this recipe.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.