By Kalpana Schankbar
- typed by Brigitte Sealing, Cyberealm BBS, Watertown, NY 315-786-112
- 4 ripe, juicy pears, sliced
- 5 dried pears
- 1½ cups pear juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Simmer the dried pears in the pear juice with the cinnamon stick until soft.
- Slice into strips and layer, with the fresh pears in a baking pan (small, square one).
- Mix oats, cinnamon and syrup together, add a little pear juice so the mixture will be moist but not wet.
- Spread the oat-mix on top of pears and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes (watch to avoid burning).