I really don't like pumpkin pie, but somehow I became famous for this one among my husband's family. It really is an easy dessert to make. The only real "gotcha" is in spreading the pumpkin layer. If you want two definite layers, make sure the cream cheese layer is cold and has set before adding the pumpkin; otherwise the layers will mix. If you mess this up, just punt—mix the two layers together in the shell for an extra creamy pumpkin pie. — Patti Spicer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups thawed nondairy whipped topping
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6 ounces)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (4 servings each) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth (helpful hint: soften cream cheese in microwave on high 15 to 20 seconds).
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread onto bottom of crust.
- Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes, pumpkin, and spices.
- Beat with wire whisk until well mixed (mixture will be thick).
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with additional topping, if desired.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.