Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp butter, softened
- 3 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 2 quart saucepan combine 1 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (4 – 6 minutes).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of batter into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl combine the filling.
- Spread filling over brownie mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese (batter will not entirely cover cream cheese mixture)
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan.