Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Dense, moist and loaded with chocolate...a real chocolate lover's dream. This is a versatile recipe - feel free to switch out the chocolate chips for flavored baking bits, such as Andes Candies pieces, or other flavored chocolate chips. Trust me - if you make them with the mint bits, make a double batch or more - they'll disappear incredibly fast!
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (4 squares)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or other flavored chocolate bits)
- Put the chocolate and butter into a saucepan. Cook over low heat until everything is melted and the mixture looks rich and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9" pan and spread evenly, making sure to either shake the pan or drop it from a low height to help break up air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 °F or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides (or it passes the "toothpick test").
- Let cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares. Your yield may be more than two dozen depending on how small or large you cut the brownies.