Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An easy to make side dish or baked brunch dish.
- 1½ tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 17 oz whole kernel corn
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- bottled salsa, taco sauce, chili sauce or tomato sauce
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain corn reserving liquid.
- Add water to liquid to make 1 cup.
- Add liquid mixture and cornmeal to onions.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Thoroughly blend in milk, eggs, and corn.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into cornmeal mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F.
- Oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top with salsa to taste.
- To serve, cut into squares.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving): 212 calories | total fat 4 g (15% of calories)