Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings and 1 cup sauce
- ¾ cup butter
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
- 1 recipe praline sauce (see below)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup pecan halves, toasted
Praline Sauce Edit
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease and flour six 1- to 1¼-cup soufflé dishes or six 10-oz custard cups.
- Place souffle dishes or custard cups in a shallow baking pan and set pan aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan melt butter and semisweet chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare praline sauce, cover and keep warm until needed.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in cooled chocolate mixture on medium speed.
- Sift flour and cocoa over chocolate mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared dishes or cups.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pull cakes out of oven.
- Using a small spatula or table knife, puncture top of each partially-baked cake and gently enlarge to make a dime-sized hole.
- Slowly spoon about 1 tbsp praline sauce into center of each cake.
- Return cakes to oven.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cakes feel firm at the edges.
- Cool in dishes on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a small spatula or knife, loosen cake edges from sides of dish or cup and slip cake out upright onto individual dessert plates.
- Stir ⅓ cup toasted pecan halves into the remaining praline sauce.
- If necessary, stir 1 to 2 tbsp hot water into remaining sauce to thin.
- Spoon warm praline sauce on top of cakes.
- Top with pecan halves and sweetened whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
Praline Sauce Edit
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.