Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 x 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch-diameter spring-form pan with 2¾-inch-high sides with double thickness of foil.
- Spray bottom of pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Finely grind cookies in processor.
- Add butter and process until blended.
- Press mixture onto bottom (not sides) of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Combine cream and coffee powder in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until coffee powder dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate; whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in cornstarch.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; beat well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Whisk 1 cup cheese mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Return chocolate mixture to remaining cheese mixture; whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into crust (this filled my spring-form pan all the way up but the cake did not run over while baking).
- Place spring-form pan in large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of spring-form pan.
- Bake cheesecake until softly set and slightly puffed around edges, about 1 hour.
- Turn off oven.
- Let cake stand in oven 45 minutes.
- Transfer spring-form pan to rack and cool.
- Cover; chill cake overnight.
- Bring cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add the 4 ounces chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Pour glaze over top of cake. Using spatula, smooth glaze evenly over top.
- Refrigerate until glaze is set, at least 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Using knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Remove pan sides. Cut into wedges and serve.