Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Grandma's Casseroles, page 17
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Stand Time: 10 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 10 to 12 slices Italian bread, about ½ inch thick
- ⅔ cup (about 5 ounces) sharp cheddar light cold pack cheese food, softened
- 1⅓ cups French's ® French fried onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons French's ® Zesty Deli mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Grease 3-quart baking dish.
- Spread bread slices with cheddar cheese.
- Arrange slices in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish, pressing to fit.
- Layer French fried onions, broccoli and Swiss cheese over bread.
- Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over layers.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil near end of baking if top becomes too brown).
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.