Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This simple, no-cooking-required recipe comes from my paternal grandmother, and is a variation on the classic banana pudding recipe that comes on the back of the vanilla wafer box.
- Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package Jell-O® Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 30 vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently stir in 1½ cups of the whipped topping.
- Place 10 of the cookies on bottom of 2-quart serving bowl.
- Top with ⅓ of the bananas and ⅓ of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with pudding mixture.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Even though a serving bowl is called for, my grandmother used to serve this in a casserole dish.