- Mix the peanut butter in a bowl of 3 cups hot tap water.
- Stir until the peanut butter is well mixed, then set aside.
- In another bowl, mix onions, garlic, and pepper with the tomato paste.
- Heat the oil strongly in a large sauce pan (small bits of onions should sizzle immediately when thrown in the oil) and add the tomato paste mixture, stirring the mess rapidly.
- Sauté for a minute or two before adding the adding the tomato sauce and watered down peanut butter to the sauce pan.
- Add the bouillon and hot red pepper as you bring the sauce to a boil (water may need to be added if the sauce starts out too thick).
- Reduce heat and cover so sauce can simmer.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- You will know the sauce is ready when oil separates out and float on top of the mixture in pools (sauce will end up very thick).
- When finished, cool the sauce, spoon of excess oil if desired and put it in the fridge until the following day!.
- The flavor is much nicer after allowing it to sit overnight.
- Serve on the rice, potatoes, cous-cous, etc.
- Any type of shredded meat can be added to this sauce at the beginning of the simmering state.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.