- Drain the vineleaves.
- Sauté the onions in half the oil until they get a golden color.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper, parsley, dill and mint and half a glass of water.
- Cook until the water is absorbed.
- Use a tea spoon to count the portion of the rice mixture required for each leaf.
- Place on each leaf the appropriate portion of rice and then fold each leaf to make a little parcel.
- In a large sauce pan place the vineleaves one close to each other.
- Put a plate on top of them in order not to open.
- Add the remaining oil, 2 cups boiling water and the lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat.