Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Old Magazine Clipping
- 8 – 10 Servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (6-oz) can Dole ® pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup dark Jamaican rum
- ¼ cup coconut extract
- 1 (20-oz) can Dole ® crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs with flaked coconut.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press on bottom and side of 8" – 9" spring-form pan.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Mix gelatin and ½ cup sugar in saucepan.
- Add pineapple juice. Let stand 1 minute.
- Heat on low until gelatin dissolves, 5 minutes. Remover from heat.
- Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beat well after each addition. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Blend in gelatin mixture with rum and coconut extract.
- Chill quickly be setting mixture over bowl of ice water; stir until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add ¼ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in gelatin mixture. Turn into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In saucepan, combine undrained pineapple with 2 tbsp sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- Spoon over cheesecake.