Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 6 cups brown rice
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup olive oil
- large bag of carrots (= 8 cups processed)
- 3 whole chickens
- large bag of spinach
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- large bag of broccoli
- 6 whole bay leaves
- 2 cups peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- Clean three chickens: remove necks, gizzards, heart, and liver, and trim wing ends.
- Place chickens in the pot and fill ¾ full with cold water.
- Add cleaned garlic cloves, sea salt, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to a simmer for 2 hours, or until chicken falls from the bone.
- Strain the stock and remove bones, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Return chicken meat, stock, and garlic to pot.
- On medium heat, add brown rice, rolled oats, olive oil, carrots (grated or run through a food processor), and eggs.
- Stir all ingredients, breaking up egg yolks.
- Bring to a light boil stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 2 hours or until rice is soft and mushy.
- Add entire bags of spinach and broccoli and continue cooking ½ hour more.
- Put a week's worth of food in a container and refrigerate.
- Bag the rest in one-gallon freezer bags and freeze.