- 1/2 lb Maria cookies (if you can't find them in Latino markets, try Graham Crackers)
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup of Brazil nuts crushed into large pieces
- 3 Tbsp of port wine or Cointreau
- 4 Tbsp of Nestlé Quick
- 1 Tbsp of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of Nescafé
- aluminum foil and plastic wrap
- Melt butter and let cool. In a mixer, beat egg yolks and Sugar until they double in volume. Mix in butter.
- Mix Nestlé Quick, Nescafé and dark chocolate with a drop of water or two and add to the egg and Sugar mixture. Add Liquor. Remove from mixer and add Brazil nuts. Crumble cookies into large pieces and add to mixture.
- Spread mixture open on a piece of plastic wrap and put it in the freezer, uncovered, for 1/2 hour.
- Remove from freezer and place on a clean kitchen towel. Roll it up until "salami" is formed - see photo above - and wrap it in a large piece of aluminum foil, longer than the "salami" so you'll be able to twist foil at both ends. Freeze for one day or overnight. Transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Open "salami" at one end and use a large kitchen knife to cut it into thick slices.