Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 18 Min
Cook time: 0
Serves: Lots of People
About two years ago, I endeavored to invent the greatest hot sauce known to man. Since then, I have created over a hundred hot sauces with slight, and sometimes major, variations. This is, to the best of my knowledge, the best hot sauce known to man.
- 20 habaneros, de-stemmed, take out seeds and anything white on the inside.
- 1 dried ancho chili, de-stemmed, de-seeded
- 1 pasilla pepper, de-stemmed, insides cleaned out, flattened (to the degree possible)
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- handful of chopped cilantro
- ½ cup low salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 lime, squeezed
- ⅔ sweet (white) onion
- 20 oz chopped (Pomi®) tomatoes
- 1 mandarin orange (peeled, obviously)
- ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a blender with the exception of the chile peppers(habeneros, ancho, and passilla) .
- Hold ancho chile over a flame, keeping it a few inches above so it doesn't burn too much (a little burn is good), for about 90 seconds - turning to heat evenly.
- Stick the Pasilla pepper in the oven on broil (high) for about 10 minutes.
- Put the habeneros on a skillet and toast for about 7 minutes over medium heat.
- Put the peppers in the blender and blend vigorously.