Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preserved mixed vegetables
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 medium daikon radish, finely sliced
- 10 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced
- 1 cup finely sliced chayote or green papaya
- 2 cups fish sauce
- ½ cup palm sugar
- 2 or 3 small red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 sprinkle radish with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Wash and dry the shallots.
- Dry all the vegetables in the sun for 1 day (or in a very low-temperature oven, for approximately 3 hours).
- Place in a sterilized glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, heat fish sauce, palm sugar, chilies, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Simmer and reduce for 10 minutes, or until reduced by one-third.
- Pour liquid into jar.
- Close the lid.
- Marinate for 1 week.