Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1⅓ cup boiling water
- 4 egg whites stiffly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water then place over low flame and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils.
- Continue cooking until a small amount of syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Pour syrup in fine stream over egg whites beating constantly then add vanilla and continue beating until stiff enough to spread on cake.