This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1⅓ cup boiling water
- 4 egg whites stiffly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water then place over low flame and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils.
- Continue cooking until a small amount of syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Pour syrup in fine stream over egg whites beating constantly then add vanilla and continue beating until stiff enough to spread on cake.