Easy roasted chicken recipe that makes its own sauce
- 2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 8 large shallots, peeled and halved diagonally
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup dry vermouth or cooking sherry
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine all ingredients save chicken.
- Pour oven chicken breasts in ovenware container and rub into chicken.
- Season chicken with additional salt and pepper.
- Pop into over for 25 minutes at 350 °F or until shallots are tender and chicken is just pink inside.
- Turn broiler up and broil chicken until skin is golden.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, risotto, or, my favorite, cauliflower puree.