Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Easy roasted chicken recipe that makes its own sauce
- 2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 8 large shallots, peeled and halved diagonally
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup dry vermouth or cooking sherry
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine all ingredients save chicken.
- Pour oven chicken breasts in ovenware container and rub into chicken.
- Season chicken with additional salt and pepper.
- Pop into over for 25 minutes at 350 °F or until shallots are tender and chicken is just pink inside.
- Turn broiler up and broil chicken until skin is golden.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, risotto, or, my favorite, cauliflower puree.