Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound lean ground pork
- ½ pound chicken giblets, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup sliced green onion tops
- Blend flour in oil in Dutch oven or large skillet (preferably cast iron).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it is deep brown.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beef, pork, giblets, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Continue cooking until meat loses its color.
- Stir in broth; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Stir in rice and onion tops; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Mixture should be slightly moist.