- 24 frozen yeast roll dough (2 oz. each)
- 3/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced 4 oz
- 1 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp soybean oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, diced 1/4-inch
- 3/4 cup water chestnuts, drained and diced 3-1/2 oz
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped 2-1/2 oz
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp crushed red chile peppers
- Place frozen yeast rolls in well oiled muffin tins. Thaw and let rise at room temperature about 4 hours.
- Stir-fry shallots in oil.
- Stir in tofu and water chestnuts; stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- Add spinach, soy sauce and chiles; mix well.
- Press centers of bread dough with thumb, leaving a large indentation in the center. Spoon 2 tablespoons stir-fry mixture in center of dough.
- Bake at 350 °F 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is baked.
Recipe from United Soybean Board