Makes 8 muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp green onion (scallion), minced
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, freshly minced or 2 tbsp parsley flakes, dried
- 2 tbsp dill weed, freshly minced or 2 tsp dried dill
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir to mix.
- Beat the egg, milk and oil together.
- Add to the flour mixture along with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix just until the batter is blended.
- Spoon into oiled muffin tins or paper muffin cups.
- Fill about three-fourths full.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until brown.
Nutritional information Edit
one muffin = calories: 113 carbohydrates: 15 protein: 3 fat: 5 sodium: 133 potassium: 49 cholesterol: 35
- exchange value: 1 bread exchange + 1 fat exchange