Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Dillisk & Carrigeen may be purchased from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 450 g plain wholemeal flour
- 125 g plain white flour
- 50 g rolled oats
- 14 g chopped dillisk
- 5 ml (1tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 450 ml buttermilk
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add enough butter milk to make dough soft.
- Knead lightly and shape round cut crops.
- Bake at 230 °C, gas 8, for 15 minutes then reduce to 205 °C, gas 6, for further 20-25 minutes or until hollow sound to tap from bread.
- Cool on wire rack, eat while warm.