Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6.
- 18 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 18 x 8-inch wooden skewers, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 18 large shrimp, shelled
- In a saucepan of boiling water boil the garlic for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is tender but not soft, drain it, and discard the peel carefully, leaving the cloves whole.
- In a bowl whisk together the dill seed, the fresh dill, the lemon juice, and the red pepper flakes
- Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinade until it is emulsified.
- Onto the end of each skewer thread a shrimp and 1 garlic clove.
- Arrange the skewers, shrimp end down, in a bowl just large enough to hold them.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp, and let the shrimp marinate
- Cover loosely and chill, basting them occasionally, for 3 hours.
- Drain the shrimp, arrange them in a shallow baking pan, and bake them in the upper third of a preheated 425°F oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they are just cooked through.