Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups white long-grain rice
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ bunch green onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Stir onions, green onions, green peppercorns and pine nuts then cook until soft.
- Add rice and mint then stir 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Turn off and stir in half the dill.
- Cover top of the pot with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Place lid on paper towel and let rice sit for at least 10 minutes before you serve.
- Scatter with remaining dill.