- Cut the clean potatoes into ½-in dice.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat.
- When hot, put in, in quick succession: - first the asafetida - a second later, the mustard seeds - then the cumin seeds.
- Now put in the potatoes and stir once or twice.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric.
- Continue to stir every now and then and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned and almost done.
- Sprinkle in the ground coriander, ground cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Stir and cook for another 1–2 minutes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.