Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mazurca in forma de romb
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 7 oz / 200 g confectioner's sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- a few ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla-flavored sugar
- 1 lemon (grated peel + juice)
- 4 lbs / 2 kg baked and sieved (crushed) apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cream the butter with sugar and add the eggs one by one.
- Then gradually add the flour (like a rain), lemon juice and peel, ground cinnamon and cloves.
- Have ready 8 paper diamonds (4 inch sides).
- Butter these paper diamonds and lay them onto a baking sheet.
- Cover the paper diamonds with the prepared mixture in a ½ inch layer.
- When the diamonds are baked, spread each of them with the apple paste to which you added 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the diamonds on top of one another.
- Sprinkle vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar on top.