Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Joni's Diabetic Kitchen
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ cup skim milk, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp salt
- sugar substitute to equal to ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Soften gelatin in ¼ skim milk; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 cup milk, egg yolks and salt in double boiler; heat until mixture coats spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture and sugar substitute; stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and half-and-half.
- Freeze until firm.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cream mixture from freezer, and place in chilled bowl; beat until smooth.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve.