Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Anita at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2⅔ cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- In a large sauce pan, sauté onions in oil until tender.
- Add the tomato juice, water, basil, oregano, sugar and celery salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes; cook 10 minutes longer.
Nutritional information Edit
For a 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium tomato juice):
- 82 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
- Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.