Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes via The Diabetic Gourmet Daily Recipe Mailer
- Yield: 16 canapes (8 servings)
- 1 x 13-to 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth, or 2 cups homemade chicken broth
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 slices (about 3 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 32 very thin strips
- Combine 1 cup water, the broth, cornmeal, and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer over low heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the oil.
- Spray an 8-inch-square dish or pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and chill until firm.
- Cut the polenta into 16 squares, each 2x2 inches.
- Place the squares on a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Place an artichoke heart quarter on each square.
- Crisscross 2 strips of cheese over each artichoke heart, forming an X.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat until the cheese is melted and the polenta is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per Serving (2 canapes):
- Calories: 145 | Fat: 8 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 333 mg | Carbohydrate: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 7 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread, 1-1/2 Fat