- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and sugar substitute to creamed mixture and mix lightly.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, coffee and baking powder to blend.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix at medium speed 1 – 2 minutes or until blended.
- Add raisins and nuts to dough and mix lightly, add egg whites to dough and mix until egg white are adsorbed into the dough.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsful onto a cookie sheet that has been lines with aluminum foil or sprayed with PAM.
- Using your fingers dipping in cold water, shape dough into round cookies about ¼" thick.
- Spread the dough carefully because the finished cookie will be the shape of the dough after it is baked.
- Bake at 375°F for about 12 minutes, or until the dough springs back when touched.
- Transfer from the hot cookie sheet onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Serve one cookie per serving.