Makes about 100 pieces
- 1½ lbs finely chopped milkcote chocolate coating
- ⅔ cup melted vegetable shortening
- 3 or 4 drops peppermint oil
- milkcote chocolate
- In the top of a double boiler, melt milkcote coating over hot, not boiling, water.
- Add shortening and peppermint, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Chill chocolate mixture in the refrigerator until of a soft custard consistency.
- Place in a mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds.
- Do not overbeat.
- Pour into a waxed paper-lined 10 x 13-inch pan.
- Cover with waxed paper and tap pan to level mixture.
- Place in refrigerator until firm but not hard.
- Cut into squares.
- Dip in melted and cooled milkcote coating.