- Mix flour and water.
- Add more water a teaspoon at a time until dough cleans bowl.
- Turn it out on a floured board; knead smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Brown and drain ground beef of all fat.
- Wash and dry fresh spinach, or dry frozen spinach.
- Combine with ground beef and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form dough into a long roll 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut or break into 1 inch sections.
- With your hands or a large glass, flatten each piece into a circle 3 inches in diameter.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each circle.
- With a finger dipped in water, dampen the edge of the circle.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press to seal.
- Brush a nonstick frying pan with ½ teaspoon oil.
- Place the dumplings in the pan and brown them on each side.
- Add enough broth or water to come up to a third of the height of the dumplings cover pan tightly, and steam until water is all gone - about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the dumplings hot or cold with sherry or vinegar for dipping.