Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Serving Size: 1 fish fillet, about 3½ ounces, with ¼ cup salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 firm fish fillets such as orange roughy or red snapper (1 pound total), thawed if frozen
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- ½ lime, cut into 4 slices
- Prepare a charcoal grill, or preheat the broiler and prepare the broiler pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the oil and lime juice; brush over the fish.
- Grill or boil 4 to 5 inches from the heat source until the fish is opaque, about 6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Serve immediately, topped with salsa and fresh lime slices.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 164 | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 356mg | Carbohydrate: 5g | Dietary fiber: 1g | Sugars: 3g | Protein: 24 g
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable | 3 very lean meat | ½ fat