- 1 x 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup boiling water
- 9 x 1-gram packets Equal (aspartame) sugar substitute
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- juice of 1½ limes
- 2 drop green food coloring
- Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let it stand for i minute.
- Add boiling water and sweetener to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine milk and vanilla and freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and whip at high speed until stiff.
- Stir lime juice and food coloring into whipped milk (save remaining ½ lime for garnish).
- Slowly blend gelatin mixture into whipped milk.
- Spoon pie filling into crust. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
- Cut into 8 even portions and serve 1 portion per serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 111 calories | 14 gm. Cholesterol | 4 gm. Protein | 5 gm. Fat | 130 mg. Sodium
- Food exchanges: 1 bread, 1 fat
- low-sodium diets: use salt-free crust