Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Batter needs to sit overnight.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup apples; peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg beaters)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Sift flour and soda, set aside.
- Cook water, dates, apples and raisins; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the margarine and stir.
- Cool mixture and then add eggs, oatmeal and the dry ingredients; add the vanilla and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drop on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 24 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator in air tight container.