Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 20 falafel balls, or 4 servings
- Source: Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics
- 3 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup sesame seed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender grind garbanzo beans, lemon and onion.
- Remove and add flour, wheat germ, parsley, sesame seed, pepper and garlic powder.
- Form into 20 falafel balls.
- Heat oil in a large baking dish, then add falafel and bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 serving of 5 falafel = 434 calories; 3 meat, 2 bread, 1 fat pro 20gm, fat 9gm, carbo 56gm