Yield 18 pieces
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cup cake flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar (or substitute)
- ¾ cup liquid egg substitute (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup margarine (room temperature)
- Stir together cocoa and boiling water until smooth.
- Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in mixer bowl and mix at low speed about 1 minute to blend.
- Add egg substitute, sweetener, and vanilla to cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Add margarine to dry ingredients along with cocoa mixture and mix well at medium speed about 1 minute.
- Pour into 9" square or 9x13 cake pan that has been greased with margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan and cut 6x3 to yield 18 pieces.