Yield 12 servings - ½ cup each.
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp reduced calorie margarine
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine carrots, onion and margarine in non-stick skillet; cook on medium heat until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes; set aside combine remaining ingredients, except parsley, in large bowl; stir in cooked vegetables.
- Turn mixture into nonstick 2 qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley before serving, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Each serving may be exchanged for: 1 bread, 1 low-fat meat