Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 1 cake.
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1¼ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the carrots, dates, Raisins, water, applesauce, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Stir the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the wqet and dry mixtures and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into an 8x8" nonstick cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
You may add ½ cup chopped nuts to the wet ingredients before combining with the dry.