Makes 10 servings, 5 cookies each
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a deep bowl, beat egg whites on low speed of an electric mixer until frothy.
- Beat on high speed until stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar and then almond extract.
- Fold in wheat germ.
- Drop mixture by ½ teaspoonsful onto a cookie sheet that had been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray and dusted lightly with flour.
- Put the cookies in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 200°F.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Turn off heat, and leave cookies in oven to cool.