- Sauté in water or broth the onion, garlic and spices.
- Add the lentils, hot water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer over very low heat, stirring frequently, about 20 more minutes, until lentils are mushy and thick, about the consistency of refried beans.
- Garnish with onions, thinly sliced and browned, or a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with rice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.