- hog casings
- 10 lbs of fresh pork shoulder
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- Chop onions and cool in a small amount of fat until transparent.
- Instead of frying in fat, onions may be simmered in about 2 cups of water.
- Cut meat into very small pieces or put through coarse grinder.
- Add onions with fat [or water] in which they were cooked, pepper, allspice, and salt.
- If garlic is used, chop until fine.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Stuff into washed hog casings.
- Boil in water approximately 1 hour.