Part 1 Edit
- ½ cup soy flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tbsp unprocessed bran
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- grated peel of 1 orange
Part 2 Edit
- Combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Reserve the egg whites and add the egg yolks and the remaining ingredients to the flour mixture in a food processor, blend well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; fold into the pancake mixture.
- Cook on a 300 °F griddle, for 2½ minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Makes about 36 x 3-inch cakes.