Ukrainian potato pancakes. This a staple in Ukrainian homes and these pancakes will store well in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. In many homes preserves or jam is also served on these delicious pancakes.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large onion, grated
- 7 potatoes, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 200 g sour cream
- 200 g cream
- In a large bowl use a mixer to puree the ingredients except the sour cream and cream.
- You may do this in a food processor as well or a blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when hot drop large spoonful of the mixture.
- Cook until browned on one side.
- Turn and repeat.
- When done remove, drain, and place in a warm oven.
- Mix the sour cream and cream together.
- Serve warm with a large dollop of the cream mixture!.