Description Kenyan mung beans stew-Green Grams Edit
1. Clean and wash green grams. Place in pot, cover with water and boil until very tender. If more water needed, add only boiling water.
2. Remove from heat and beat until smooth. It will turn into a paste.
3. Put green gram paste into a bowl and heat cooking oil in same pot.
4. Clean and dice onions. Add onions to oil and fry until cooked and nicely brown.
5. Return the green gram paste to the pot and mix with Onion.
6. Add curry powder, salt and milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add butter or ghee and simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and place in clean dish with cover.
9. Serve hot with boiled rice, boiled sweet potatoes, steamed plantain, boiled cassava, or ugali made from maize flour.