Makes 6 servings.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined raw Shrimp
- salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook garlic in butter in large skillet or saucepan until soft but not brown. Discard garlic.
- Blend flour into butter.
- Add broth and wine.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add Shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until Shrimp are tender.
- Add lemon juice and pimientos.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.