Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Taylor Estate in Mineral Wells Texas in 1984. Dated 1922
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 slices bread, buttered on both sides
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped dates (or can substitute raisins)
- Put Sugar in top of double boiler.
- Cut buttered bread into one inch cubes and put on top of Sugar.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and vanilla together and pour over cubes.
- Do not stir.
- Add chopped dates on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Sugar.
- Cover tightly.
- Cook over boiling water until firm, approximately 1-1/2 hours.
- Bread will rise to top leaving the sauce on the bottom