A yummy way to get vitamin A!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 store-bought pie crust or your can just line a pan with vanilla wafers instead
- ½ cup milk
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- When you stick a fork in them it should go in easy but you don't want them to fall apart.
- Let the potatoes cool and then peel them.
- Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Melt the butter and pour it and the other ingredients in the bowl of potatoes.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Whether you used a ready made pie crust or just cookies, pour the potatoes mixture into the crust.
- Put into an oven preheated to 375°F.
- Cook for about 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.